6.5.11

Quilled Card and Pop Up Card Banner



Quilled Flowers card

Quilled Card
Getting uniform sized petals was a pain for me before I got my quilling cork board.This is the result of using the circle  sizer.I love this unusual shaped petals which I saw for the first time at Katrin's blog.She has an awesome tutorial to make some stunning quilled flowers.
Quilled flower

Quilled Flowers and stem

Quilled flower buds
Punched flower
These are the butterflies punched out with the Giant Jef punch and embellished with 3 D silver glitter
Punched Butterfly
I love to incorporate an interactive element in my cards and this is a simple but very effective pop up mechanism on the inside of the card. It is a Pop up Banner.
Pop Up Happy Birthday Card
Pop Up Banner
Here is the  tutorial on how to make this pop up Banner Mechanism .
Linking to 365 cards

22 comments:

  1. Your POP up cards are always a pleasure to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't quilling amazing! Your pop up card is awesome! Love the quill flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful quilling

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so lovely. Love the quilling and the butterflies. Such a great soft color.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You r crazy with tht butterfly i guess:)beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty love the pop up element i do so love pastel shades in flowers and the quilled flowers are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Helen It means a lot to me to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Deanna I am still experimenting with quilling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Myrna for taking the effort to pen down such sweet words

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Kavitha I am crazily in love with that butterfly punch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Hussena your kind words always encourage me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I loved the colours and it looks like it is crafted by a professional..:) You have an amazing blog :) It is really impressive to find a Dr finding time for all these creative projects.. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful blog sonia. Your popup cards are really amazing.
    Thanks for visiting my blog - srimathi http://artandcraft-artahead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank You Rema
    Thank you Srimathi

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you visiting my blog...yours is amazing..love the demos of your fantastic projects

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful, Sonia! I like all your popup cards, they make such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The paper quilling is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the inside of the flower petals. Thanks for sharing!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  18. love ur pop up cards...its looks amazing...where r u find those border punch...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank You Priyanka. I think I got the border punch from a local stationary shop in Commercial Street Bangalore- Check out my link to craft supply stores in Bangalore. There are 3 shops I know in Ebrahim Street parallel to Commercial street and cant remember which of the three it is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous29/6/11

    Beautiful... love all the quilted flowers and the butterflies and border punch :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Card ...love that quilled flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...